Monday, September 5, 2016

A health update

Sadly, health problems kept me from being able to get a blog post up this weekend. As I mentioned last post, I was kind of a wreck this weekend thanks to an allergic reaction to some antibiotics. Things got much worse when I woke up Saturday. I wasn't really able to move my hands much at all, and had difficulty standing let alone walking. I ended up having to go to the emergency room Saturday and stayed there until Sunday morning. The swelling is mostly gone, as are the hives. However, this ordeal consumed a large chunk of my weekend, and I had to dedicate the remainder to schoolwork. I'm still alive, though, and frankly that's enough for me right now. Had I delayed going to the emergency room, I'm not sure I'd be alive to type this right now (judging by the swelling on my neck that started during my stint in the ER waiting room). It's a bit of a stretch to say that "all's well that ends well," but there you have it. Hopefully next time I'll have a chance to post about music instead of some new medical ordeal. Guitarman out.

No comments:

Post a Comment