Sunday, August 5, 2012

Music dump time!

Well, I'm back from Cali'. Actually, I've been back for a good while. I really don't have a good excuse as to why I haven't posted recently, so to make up for that this post (and the next few) will contain the music dump I promised last time. None of these artists are particularly new, but they are well worth your time if you're interested. I'd go so far as to say these three bands create some of the greatest free music on the internet. Paying attention yet? Good. Let's begin.



PeerGynt Lobogris is a Spanish music act that, to use an obnoxious cliche, refuses to be defined by genres. I hate the "beyond genre/classification" cliche because most reviewers use it incorrectly. It's a lazy way of saying that the reviewer him/herself doesn't know the genre the band belongs to. However, PeerGynt Lobogris actually is one of those bands that can't be given a specific genre. The band's musical repertoire is so frickin' eclectic that you need quite a few genres to label them. It's not even that they bend or blend genres. One song on an album could be new age easy listening music. The next song could be thrash metal. The song after that may sound like a funky Santana. If I didn't know better, I'd think that several different bands were responsible for each of PeerGynt Lobogris' albums. It's absolutely nuts. To generalize broadly, PeerGynt Lobogris plays elevator-worthy new age, metal, and Santana-esque riff-fests. The band has been around since 1997, and they are quite prolific to say the least. The album I have here is a sort of greatest hits deal, but it's only 13 songs to cover well over 100 songs in their discography. It barely even scratches the surface of what they have to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment