Saturday, December 22, 2012

...and now, a word of sponsorship.

Man, it's been a while since I've posted something besides free music. Anyways, the order of business today is greeting cards. Now, you may have already purchased cards to send to your families, friends, coworkers and the like. I understand that I'm posting this a bit too late for this holiday season, but I'd still like to get this out there. I'm writing this to support Guatemala Greetings, a maker of handmade greeting cards based in the town of Magdalena, Guatemala. Magdalena has a very special place in my heart. I've gone on two mission trips there already and am currently fundraising for a third. I work in the field of micro-finance there, and Guatemala Greetings is a program which we work with. By purchasing greeting cards from Guatemala Greetings, you are supporting families in one of my favorite towns on earth, providing employment to women from low income households as well as funding a pediatric clinic. The cards are somewhat expensive, but in my opinion the benefits far outweigh the price.

This is what charity looks like.
Please visit their website at here. The link will open in a new window.

Guitarman out.


PS: If you're curious about the work the Students International micro-finance team does in the town of Magdalena, head over to the site leader's blog for more information. Again, the link opens in a new window. There's even pictures of me on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment