Friday, July 12, 2013

3 Leg Torso

Hello, again. This time, it looks like I've actually made my schedule for once. I'll make more of an effort on that front in the future. Anyways, on to the music. It's not free this time around, but it's worth it.



3 Leg Torso is a fairly peculiar chamber music group from Portland, Oregon. While their studio albums are (comparatively, at least) normal, their live performances are interspersed with comedic acts. These segments sometimes serve to "explain" the significance of certain songs, or even simply to add a spontaneous flair to the night's music. I went to a 3 Leg Torso concert about a month ago without any prior knowledge of the band (the concert was a surprise addition to my school-planned senior trip). During the intermission, I bought three albums: one on cd and two on download vouchers (which, for the record, did not actually work, much to my chagrin). Yes, the band is just that good. But hey, don't take my word for it. Go give them a listen. With a repertoire of emotions ranging from frivolous to haunting, I guarantee that you will find something to like from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment