Friday, July 5, 2013

Well then...

It would seem that my internet hates me. I had intended to write this post yesterday and schedule it for release today. Sadly, I have not been able to access the internet at my house since lunchtime yesterday. As a result, I'm writing this in the backroom of a local coffee shop. Furthermore, as you may have noticed, I am several hours late in doing so. To prevent a repeat issue, I will be queuing an additional blog post that will be released next week on schedule. Without further ado, let's hear some music.



Drop Alive is a two-man hard rock outfit from Pavia, Italy. I say hard rock, but Drop Alive's eponymous debut opens with a pulverizing wall of rhythm guitar that reminded me of the works of Canadian thrash metal giant Annihilator. The album is a bit short, at some thirty-odd minutes in length, but it hits hard and fast from start to finish. Interestingly enough, the band's frontman, Simon, was responsible for all instruments (except the drums) and songwriting for the album. Drop Alive isn't quite a one-man-band like Brad Sucks, but there is still a tremendous sense of unified artistic vision on the album. I could go on, but I think the music speaks for itself. It's amazing, and it's free. Honestly, what more could you want?

No comments:

Post a Comment